Military Weapons

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Military Weapons

Post by SirReal Madrid on 19/1/2011, 20:18

MCE 81 wrote:
SirReal Madrid wrote:
MCE 81 wrote:I respect your opinion. But mine is obviously not the same. That being said, I don't think that this is the forum for a gun rights debate. It's one of those topics like politics and religion which can quickly get out of hand.

No worries mate. There are two sides to everything and valid points on either side. didn't mean to derail here.

No problem. Cool It's a hot topic for many people, and I'm always up for a debate on the subject. However, I just didn't want people to jump in and things get out of hand. After all, this is a thread about my hobby, collecting military weapons. Very Happy

Indeed! I should know better. Sometimes one thing leads to the other. Glad we both agree cheers
SirReal Madrid
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 6555
XBL.. : III+N7+III
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19/1/2011, 20:24

MCE 81 wrote:My M1 Garands were delivered yesterday. OMG! They are in almost new condition. The Winchester (Top) has a manufacture date of June 1944. The Springfield (Bottom) was made sometime between 1954 and 1957. Very Happy

Watch out for M1 Thumb! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 19/1/2011, 20:27

Lord Farnswaller wrote:Nice gun mce any thing else on your shopping list?

I would love to find an original Colt M1911. However, since most of them were destroyed by the Government, those that are out there are quite expensive. Alas, I guess I will probably just end up getting a reproduction. After all, the M1911 was the first pistol I qualified with in the Marines. It was then replaced by the Beretta M9 which I used for many years before retiring. Hence, the purchase of the M9A1. Very Happy
MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Male Number of posts : 1978
XBL.. : MCE 81
Registration date : 2008-10-21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpfHXJpMzg

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 19/1/2011, 20:29

Killbot wrote:
MCE 81 wrote:My M1 Garands were delivered yesterday. OMG! They are in almost new condition. The Winchester (Top) has a manufacture date of June 1944. The Springfield (Bottom) was made sometime between 1954 and 1957. Very Happy

Watch out for M1 Thumb! Very Happy

lol! I know all about M1 thumb. Embarassed The trick is to use the other fingers on your hand to prevent the bolt from going home when you insert the clip.
MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19/1/2011, 20:38

My friends father in law is ex-Marine Corp and has an M1 in his house..along with a 12 gauge and some pistols. He let me hold the M1..its heavy!! He also suggested that I volunteer for the Corps so I could get citizenship. I figured it was a bad idea..apparently they dont let you sleep in or eat fry ups!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Farnswaller on 20/1/2011, 12:51

Killbot wrote: He also suggested that I volunteer for the Corps so I could get citizenship. I figured it was a bad idea..apparently they dont let you sleep in or eat fry ups!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

well i'll just ring the recruitment fellow up and tell him straight.

MCE I really like the 1911 such a nice looking gun

To tea bag or not tea bag– that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The noscoping and douche bags of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of asshats
And, by opposing, end them

ARC Awards: Level 5 - 113 achievo's - 957 G's
Lord Farnswaller
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 14311
XBL.. : LordFarnswaller
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 28/1/2011, 13:54

Picked up my M9A1 yesterday after work. It will be range time this weekend. Very Happy

MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28/1/2011, 14:07

Lord Farnswaller wrote:oh very nice, you lucky so and so

UK gun laws are real strange, took my pellet gun to the police station to be destroyed and they had to impound it and issue me with a warning for having it! But i took it to them!!!!!! The desk sergeant sorted it out though

I fully agree that UK Firearms Laws are something of a peculiar kind, but they are their for our protection and safety. Albeit we live in times where gun crime is on the rise rather oddly.

But from a personal point of view, I have to have on my possession all of my licenses when I used to go to work. As I used to do Groundworks and would have in the back of my car a Hilti Gun(fires rebar steel bolts into reinforced concrete, using shotgun style catridges). So that always made it interesting when they used to do regular stop and searches here in South Wales just after 9/11.

But much like the original poster working for at the time Defense Estates(MoD) and having a "A" rated security card meant that less bueracracy was endured everytime the licenses had to be renewed.

I know this post is probably now a tad out of tune, but just thought I would give my take ont he original post.

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 26/9/2011, 19:50

I ordered a Walther P1 which is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Very Happy The P1 is essentially a post war P38, the difference being that the P1 has an alluminum alloy frame, whereas the P38 has an steel frame. Rumor has it that Germany will no longer be exporting surplus military weapons, but instead will be destroying them. Sad
MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26/9/2011, 22:45

http://www.myspace.com/vcfreakshow

Check out the vid of my brother playing with a .30 cal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Farnswaller on 27/9/2011, 08:16

MCE 81 wrote:I ordered a Walther P1 which is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Very Happy The P1 is essentially a post war P38, the difference being that the P1 has an alluminum alloy frame, whereas the P38 has an steel frame. Rumor has it that Germany will no longer be exporting surplus military weapons, but instead will be destroying them. Sad

WHAT?
Well that makes perfect sense lads shall we make money from selling them to collectors or just scrap them for a loss? Oh lets make a loss, well we are a goverment!

To tea bag or not tea bag– that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The noscoping and douche bags of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of asshats
And, by opposing, end them

ARC Awards: Level 5 - 113 achievo's - 957 G's
Lord Farnswaller
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 14311
XBL.. : LordFarnswaller
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27/9/2011, 09:02

MCE 81 wrote:Picked up my M9A1 yesterday after work. It will be range time this weekend. Very Happy

I've loved that gun since I saw it in Lethal Weapon, or maybe I just love Mel Gibson I love you Laughing

Is it new or used (does it matter?) Have fun at the range m8 1

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 28/9/2011, 19:30

Gil wrote:
MCE 81 wrote:Picked up my M9A1 yesterday after work. It will be range time this weekend. Very Happy

I've loved that gun since I saw it in Lethal Weapon, or maybe I just love Mel Gibson I love you Laughing

Is it new or used (does it matter?) Have fun at the range m8 1

The M9 I picked up new. Great gun and very accurate. I also picked up a Springfield Armory XD45 and I must say that it is my all time favorite pistol. Ergonomics are excellent and at 25 yards I can totally obliterate the bullseye on the target. Plus the magazine holds 13 rounds. Very Happy
MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29/9/2011, 10:05

Without wanting to attract the Men in Black Shocked any chance you can send me one over to the UK Laughing

How much did the M9 set you back if you don't mind me asking? I'm assuming it's an old gun, do they still actually make them or is it a case of it's just a new and improved version of the original gun, and by example what would the latest good handgun cost you?

I don't want to worry anyone I just like to get my Tackleberry on, I'd love to be able to go to a proper range and get a taste of some classic guns, all I have done is ome clay pigeon shooting with a 12 guage many years ago now.

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 29/9/2011, 12:43

Gil wrote:Without wanting to attract the Men in Black Shocked any chance you can send me one over to the UK Laughing

How much did the M9 set you back if you don't mind me asking? I'm assuming it's an old gun, do they still actually make them or is it a case of it's just a new and improved version of the original gun, and by example what would the latest good handgun cost you?

I don't want to worry anyone I just like to get my Tackleberry on, I'd love to be able to go to a proper range and get a taste of some classic guns, all I have done is ome clay pigeon shooting with a 12 guage many years ago now.

Beretta still makes the M9 and the US military still uses them. The M9A1 that I bought is the latest version. It set me back around $600. I got the M9 because after the M1911 was replaced, that is what i used when I was on active duty.
Price for a good handgun is hard to pin down. They can run from $300 up to well over $2000. If you are into surplus military weapons there are some good deals out there. You can pick up a surplus Makarov for around $180. Personally, I prefer the surplus military weapons. Not only are they a piece of history, they are fun to shoot, and as the years go by most will increase in value.
MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Farnswaller on 29/9/2011, 12:54

so how much for a surplus tank?

used to be about £10k for a old cheiftan tank