Military Weapons

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Military Weapons

Post by MCE 81 on 27/10/2010, 17:59

Well I finally broke down and placed an order with CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) for two M1 Garands, One Springfield and one Winchester. The Springfield will most likely be Korean War vintage, the Winchester should be WWII. Both are service grade which is good to very good condition. The order is being processed so hopefully I will have them in about a week. I just hope that they are not totally encassed in cosmoline. I'll post pictures once they arrive. Very Happy
MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Male Number of posts : 1978
XBL.. : MCE 81
Registration date : 2008-10-21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpfHXJpMzg

Back to top Go down

Re: Military Weapons

Post by JustMeD on 27/10/2010, 18:09

Lucky Sod MCE. I'll be lucking forward to see the photos.

Over here you'd be lucky to get hold of a decent pellet gun .. What with us all being terrorists .. Razz
JustMeD
ARC 23
ARC 23

Male Number of posts : 2535
XBL.. : JustMeD
Registration date : 2009-03-05

http://www.dfined.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27/10/2010, 18:58

. . .

Back to top Go down

Post by SixenSix on 27/10/2010, 19:23

Nice one MCE....looking forward to the pics cheers

SixenSix
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 19335
XBL.. : SixenSix
Registration date : 2008-10-15

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27/10/2010, 20:30

Lucky devil being able to get hold of them ,getting my shotgun licence in uk twenty year ago no probs but looked into firearms one a while back and the 'red tape ' and police checks were unbelieveable .... Look forward to pictures , can you shoot these still or are they for show ?

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 27/10/2010, 20:53

dg45 wrote:Lucky devil being able to get hold of them ,getting my shotgun licence in uk twenty year ago no probs but looked into firearms one a while back and the 'red tape ' and police checks were unbelieveable .... Look forward to pictures , can you shoot these still or are they for show ?

Lot of red tape here as well. Of course my retiree military ID card helps cut allot of it. Only have to have the police checks done. The military ID takes care of proof of citizenship, age, marksmanship training requirements, etc. I will definitely be shooting them, once they are cleaned (probably been in cosmoline for years), and check everything out. Don't want the things blowing up in my face. CMP says that they check the headspacing and test fire the weapons before they send them out, but I'm still going to have them looked at by a gunsmith before I shoot them.
MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 28/10/2010, 00:09

Nice MCE!! I love vintage militaria, maybe when I retire from the Marines and start making real cash I spring on some collectibles.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Male Number of posts : 3259
XBL.. : AWUGOD
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28/10/2010, 12:33

Cool!!!! You have no idea how lucky you are to be able to collect such weapons. The laws are that strict over here that they want you to have a lockable metal gun cabinet for a pellet gun (metal BB's) *** knows what I'd have to go through to get what your getting.

looking forward to seeing the pics Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Farnswaller on 28/10/2010, 12:41

oh very nice, you lucky so and so

UK gun laws are real strange, took my pellet gun to the police station to be destroyed and they had to impound it and issue me with a warning for having it! But i took it to them!!!!!! The desk sergeant sorted it out though

To tea bag or not tea bag– that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The noscoping and douche bags of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of asshats
And, by opposing, end them

ARC Awards: Level 5 - 113 achievo's - 957 G's
Lord Farnswaller
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 14311
XBL.. : LordFarnswaller
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 28/10/2010, 13:15

USMCWeatherMan wrote:Nice MCE!! I love vintage militaria, maybe when I retire from the Marines and start making real cash I spring on some collectibles.

If you are interested you should look into it. Through CMP they are not all that expensive. Plus, if the Obama administration ever allows the re-import of all the surplus M1's from Korea the price will probably drop dramatically. Here's the link to CMP.

http://www.thecmp.org/
MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 28/10/2010, 19:53

MCE 81 wrote:
USMCWeatherMan wrote:Nice MCE!! I love vintage militaria, maybe when I retire from the Marines and start making real cash I spring on some collectibles.

If you are interested you should look into it. Through CMP they are not all that expensive. Plus, if the Obama administration ever allows the re-import of all the surplus M1's from Korea the price will probably drop dramatically. Here's the link to CMP.

[url=http://www.thecmp.org/
http://www.thecmp.org/ [/quote[/url]]

Sweet, thanks for the link. I'll have to check it out.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Male Number of posts : 3259
XBL.. : AWUGOD
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28/10/2010, 21:18

Nex Demon wrote:Cool!!!! You have no idea how lucky you are to be able to collect such weapons. The laws are that strict over here that they want you to have a lockable metal gun cabinet for a pellet gun (metal BB's) *** knows what I'd have to go through to get what your getting.

looking forward to seeing the pics Very Happy

i dunno mate, reckon if we went trawling the estates we could pick up matching AK's lol! or then just get smacked over the head and robbed affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28/10/2010, 21:21

I'll stick to my rubber band catapult.

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 2/11/2010, 11:28

My M1 Garands were delivered yesterday. OMG! They are in almost new condition. The Winchester (Top) has a manufacture date of June 1944. The Springfield (Bottom) was made sometime between 1954 and 1957. Very Happy

MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by SixenSix on 2/11/2010, 11:52

NICE....congratz mate cheers

SixenSix
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 19335
XBL.. : SixenSix
Registration date : 2008-10-15

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Farnswaller on 2/11/2010, 13:11

now MCE do you need both? i'm sure us lot could put one to use if you could ship it over with a box or two of ammo!

Lord Farnswaller
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 19/1/2011, 13:39

Latest acquistion. Should be picking it up by next Wednesday, then it's off to the range. Very Happy

Beretta 92FS M9A1

MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by SirReal Madrid on 19/1/2011, 15:07

JustMeD wrote:Lucky Sod MCE. I'll be lucking forward to see the photos.

Over here you'd be lucky to get hold of a decent pellet gun .. What with us all being terrorists .. Razz

Trust me, you guys are better off that way. Here, any schmuck with mental problems can walk into a store and buy assault weapons like he was buying a gallon of milk. Happens all the time.
SirReal Madrid
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 6555
XBL.. : III+N7+III
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19/1/2011, 15:34

MCE 81 wrote:Latest acquistion. Should be picking it up by next Wednesday, then it's off to the range. Very Happy

Beretta 92FS M9A1

NICE!! Happy shooting cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 19/1/2011, 18:39

SirReal Madrid wrote:
JustMeD wrote:Lucky Sod MCE. I'll be lucking forward to see the photos.

Trust me, you guys are better off that way. Here, any schmuck with mental problems can walk into a store and buy assault weapons like he was buying a gallon of milk. Happens all the time.

It's not quite that easy. For a handgun or an assault rifle purchase there is a criminal background check and a seven day waiting period before you can take possession of the weapon. In addition, here in Maryland, unless you are a law enforcement officer or military you have to complete a gun safety course. Plus their are a bunch of classifications which disqualify people from purchasing them. Granted they can't catch all the nuts who try to buy guns, but if they have a criminal record, a record of domestic violence, or drug or alcohol convictions, they will not be able to purchase these types of weapons from a legitimate source. In my case it helps that I'm retired military, have a federal firearms license, and am a registered gun collector in the State of Maryland.
MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by SirReal Madrid on 19/1/2011, 19:16

I am pretty much assuming here since I don't have facts to back up my opinion here but imo, I think there is a correlation between guns, gun laws, gun availability, etc. and gun violence here in the USA. There has to be. This country is ridiculously drastic from any other civilized country in the world. There are many cracks. If I am not mistaken, I may be wrong, but I think that the nutjob in Arizona actually bought his weapons legally. If so, that's one great example. Another is the fact that you don't have to have a criminal record to be a criminal. It's the availability of weapons, whether legal or not, that put this country in the unique situation we're in. Just imo of course.
SirReal Madrid
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 19/1/2011, 19:48

I respect your opinion. But mine is obviously not the same. That being said, I don't think that this is the forum for a gun rights debate. It's one of those topics like politics and religion which can quickly get out of hand.
MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by SirReal Madrid on 19/1/2011, 19:52

MCE 81 wrote:I respect your opinion. But mine is obviously not the same. That being said, I don't think that this is the forum for a gun rights debate. It's one of those topics like politics and religion which can quickly get out of hand.

No worries mate. There are two sides to everything and valid points on either side. didn't mean to derail here.
SirReal Madrid
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 19/1/2011, 20:01

SirReal Madrid wrote:
MCE 81 wrote:I respect your opinion. But mine is obviously not the same. That being said, I don't think that this is the forum for a gun rights debate. It's one of those topics like politics and religion which can quickly get out of hand.

No worries mate. There are two sides to everything and valid points on either side. didn't mean to derail here.

No problem. Cool It's a hot topic for many people, and I'm always up for a debate on the subject. However, I just didn't want people to jump in and things get out of hand. After all, this is a thread about my hobby, collecting military weapons. Very Happy
MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Farnswaller on 19/1/2011, 20:14

Nice gun mce any thing else on your shopping list?

Lord Farnswaller
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore