Who are you?

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 2/5/2011, 12:10

Hi Guys, missed this thread when i signed up.

Who me? Well real names andy but my friends all call me Drew, I dont mind which people use as it seems to depend on who introduces me to someone.

I'm 40 and have just gone self employed as a painter and decorator here in Guernsey. I have spent most of my life doing manual work of one form or another with an occaisional wander into management and office work but I just prefer to be outside.

I have travelled quite a bit from the age of 21, India, Nepal,Thailand,South Africa,France, Italy, Kosovo and a good number of places for a week or less when the mood takes me.

I have been happily married for 3 years (tomorrow - yikes) to Marie Claire and we have no ankle biters because we dont want any. Despite being told everytime we meet a slighlty drunk parent that we do.

Marie Claire and I had our mid life crises 2 years ago when we packed everything up, quit work and spent 2 months in Kosovo training to become Explosive Ordenance Disposal officers with the Mines Awareness Trust. We attained EOD lvl3 qualifications which clear us to find, ID and clear any munitions from old bullets to wire guided missiles/air drop weaponry. The whole thing was about minefield and battle area clearance, thought we might just go and improve some other peoples lives. Alas although fully qualified we appear to lack either a military background or enough project management experience and work was not forthcoming. So we are back in Guern rebuilding from scratch in a rented place with most of our stuff still storage. Dont regret any of it as we had a great time and met great people.

Interests? reading - 16 boxes of books in storage and thats after a pretty harsh clear out before we left Guernsey, mostly history, sci fi / fantasy.

Mug shot of me outside Peja in Kosovo:


Last edited by mctavish71 on 2/5/2011, 19:04; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by mutantblues on 2/5/2011, 12:20

nice post mctavish 1

shame about the mineclearing thing, my girlfriend is an aid worker so i know full well how many silly thing like that go on, awful lof of politcs in the charity industry.

_______________________________________________
Viva la NOBO



avatar
mutantblues
ARC staff
ARC staff

Male Number of posts : 5775
Location : NOBO HQ
XBL.. : Mutant Blues
Registration date : 2008-10-21
Likes : 2

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/geekantiquesshop

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 2/5/2011, 12:30

Nice post Drew! cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 3/5/2011, 22:43

Hi Guys,

Been on here a couple of weeks now, so I thought I'd properly introduce myself.

My name is Mark, I'm 26, and a post-grad at Edinburgh University. My gamer-tag is SizeableCrab2 because that's what the Microsoft default was when I set up the xbox. I was more concerned with getting gaming than trying to think of a cool and witty gamertag that didn't make me look like some sad 12 year old. People have been referring to me as "sizeable" or "crab", I don't mind, Crab is probably easier, so I might change my tag to something more Crabby.

I grew up in a house without any games consoles. Acorn Archimedes A3000 was what we had, and what a belter! It was a long time ago, but I think Zool, Lemmings and Chuck Rock were my favourites. We then got a PC, where I moved onto Warcraft 2, Age of Empires, Carmeggon (best game ever), Duke Nukem. More recently I've been a fan of the Total War series. I consider myself more of a tactically minded person than a fast-fingered action man.

I convinced my GF that we should get an Xbox Kinect this Christmas. I've only got Blops, AC and WRC. To be honest, I only really play Blops. And even then, I only really play online. I just think being able to play against real people is so much better than playing against computers. It's not just about having ninja finger reactions, but I like the tactics and psychology of trying to second guess what people will do.

I've bee online quite a bit since I've joined, and I've got to say it's been really good fun. I was a bit nervous at the start, but since then I've just dived into games and got stuck in. I've met a good group of folks on Blops who like having a laugh and a good tea-bagging.

Since I've started this post I've now become Crabby McCrab!

See you online


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 3/5/2011, 22:47

Nice post crab! cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by ayohell on 3/5/2011, 23:17

sizeablecrab2 wrote:

I've bee online quite a bit since I've joined, and I've got to say it's been really good fun. I was a bit nervous at the start, but since then I've just dived into games and got stuck in. I've met a good group of folks on Blops who like having a laugh and a good tea-bagging.



Great point fella.... thats what arc is all about, jumping in and enjoying the gaming / psting / banter etc 1

Lets see more post here.. eh Foxo? lol
avatar
ayohell
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 4404
Location : Pluto, & it's a planet!
XBL.. : ayohell
Registration date : 2009-07-28
Likes : 13

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 3/5/2011, 23:26

ayohell wrote:
sizeablecrab2 wrote:

I've bee online quite a bit since I've joined, and I've got to say it's been really good fun. I was a bit nervous at the start, but since then I've just dived into games and got stuck in. I've met a good group of folks on Blops who like having a laugh and a good tea-bagging.



Great point fella.... thats what arc is all about, jumping in and enjoying the gaming / psting / banter etc 1

Lets see more post here.. eh Foxo? lol
i dont need to post one as you all know me by now so =p

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by SixenSix on 4/5/2011, 09:25

To the peeps I've missed here: Psyman, Simply, McTavish & Crab......great posts lads cheers

_______________________________________________



avatar
SixenSix
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 19335
Location : Arendal - Norway
XBL.. : SixenSix
Registration date : 2008-10-15
Likes : 15

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by ayohell on 4/5/2011, 11:02

WildFoxo wrote:
ayohell wrote:
sizeablecrab2 wrote:

I've bee online quite a bit since I've joined, and I've got to say it's been really good fun. I was a bit nervous at the start, but since then I've just dived into games and got stuck in. I've met a good group of folks on Blops who like having a laugh and a good tea-bagging.



Great point fella.... thats what arc is all about, jumping in and enjoying the gaming / psting / banter etc 1

Lets see more post here.. eh Foxo? lol
i dont need to post one as you all know me by now so =p

Yeah but a lot of myth and legend but mostly bullshyte lol
avatar
ayohell
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 4404
Location : Pluto, & it's a planet!
XBL.. : ayohell
Registration date : 2009-07-28
Likes : 13

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 8/5/2011, 02:58

well hello every body.

who am I..

Well my name is David Fielder dont mind Dave have be call worst before, sticks and stones, im 28 well for the next couple of weeks still. I live in Plymouth have done all my live, its not a bad place close to the sea front nice in the summer on the Hoe and Barbercan and good for one of my hobbies sea fishing. Other hobbies are Xbox, motosports, keeping fit and cooking I'm a chef by trade, as for work I'm now a security officer work 12hour shifts 7days with 3 or 4 days off after so if im not on live for a day or two Ill be back.

Really enjoying this site, there a lot of good people on here, always up for a good laugh its really made playing Xbox fun and enjoyable where before playing on line was get borning is that what im looking to say, you know what i mean, thank you all. (thats it iv got friends)lol. If theres anything I can do to help anyone just ask and if I can I try my best.

If you cant tell im a little dyslexia which dosen't get to me still living a dream loving life. Fingers crossed if I do it right put a little picture on here of me. Put a face to a name its a couple of years old sor got no newer ones will try and get one sorted. Iv try posting a pic but it want let me, not the best with computers, anyone got any tips? Well before i bor you all have a good one and catch ya on live.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by SixenSix on 8/5/2011, 10:55

Ton2 wrote:well hello every body.

who am I..

Well my name is David Fielder dont mind Dave have be call worst before, sticks and stones, im 28 well for the next couple of weeks still. I live in Plymouth have done all my live, its not a bad place close to the sea front nice in the summer on the Hoe and Barbercan and good for one of my hobbies sea fishing. Other hobbies are Xbox, motosports, keeping fit and cooking I'm a chef by trade, as for work I'm now a security officer work 12hour shifts 7days with 3 or 4 days off after so if im not on live for a day or two Ill be back.

Really enjoying this site, there a lot of good people on here, always up for a good laugh its really made playing Xbox fun and enjoyable where before playing on line was get borning is that what im looking to say, you know what i mean, thank you all. (thats it iv got friends)lol. If theres anything I can do to help anyone just ask and if I can I try my best.

If you cant tell im a little dyslexia which dosen't get to me still living a dream loving life. Fingers crossed if I do it right put a little picture on here of me. Put a face to a name its a couple of years old sor got no newer ones will try and get one sorted. Iv try posting a pic but it want let me, not the best with computers, anyone got any tips? Well before i bor you all have a good one and catch ya on live.

Good one mate. To upload a pic U need to make an account at (for example) photoucket.com. It's free. Upload a pic there and then use the photo icon in the post here to upload it to your thread Very Happy

_______________________________________________



avatar
SixenSix
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 19335
Location : Arendal - Norway
XBL.. : SixenSix
Registration date : 2008-10-15
Likes : 15

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 9/5/2011, 14:46

My real name is Matt, I'm 34 although that changes on a yearly basis. I'm Married to Cat and it was our 8 year anniversary on 3rd May just when the new map packs for BLOPS came out but I still managed to have a dabble,
javascript:emoticonp('Laughing')

Also they chose to have a double XP weekend the weekend that I'm pretty occupied with my daughters Christening GETS!!!

We have Three children, Niall 7, Kian 6, and Erin 15 Months!

We live in Hartlepool.

On a daily basis I am a private hire driver driving an executive Minibus, but a few times a year I pack up my things and take a group of 40 - 50 people to Italy for their holiday,Managing their transport, flights, coaches hotels and excursions, and basically being their guide and making sure everything is alright for them.

I mainly play Black Ops online, however my kids also play online using my account, so if you are ignored this is probably why.
I mainly play throughout the day as I work evenings, and Cat is studying at college soon to be University so I'm on house husband duties lol.

Here are a few piccys javascript:emoticonp('Embarassed')


Me in Nice by phoenixace76, on Flickr


Me with the Italian coach by phoenixace76, on Flickr


Me and Cat in Genoa by phoenixace76, on Flickr


Kian by phoenixace76, on Flickr


Niall by phoenixace76, on Flickr


Erin by phoenixace76, on Flickr

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 9/5/2011, 15:14

Nice one Phoenix m8, great info and pics cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by SixenSix on 9/5/2011, 16:07

Nice one Phoenix.....I've stood at the same spot as the pic of U in Nice cheers


Last edited by SixenSix on 9/5/2011, 17:30; edited 1 time in total

_______________________________________________



avatar
SixenSix
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 19335
Location : Arendal - Norway
XBL.. : SixenSix
Registration date : 2008-10-15
Likes : 15

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 9/5/2011, 17:05

Yeah it's on Mont Baron, nice view right over the city, we fly in and out of Nice when travelling to Italy so go there a lot.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by odmastakilla on 9/5/2011, 17:15

Is it me or are you also wondering where Ayohells picture is.....
cmon dood, get ur mug up :)

odmastakilla
ARC 19
ARC 19

Male Number of posts : 1527
Location : Costa del crime, on the beach
XBL.. : ODMASTAKILLA
Registration date : 2008-11-04
Likes : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 9/5/2011, 18:24

Hi guys well realised I've never posted here all though been a member for a few months now (can't remember exactly feels like I've always been here ha) but I'll give you a bit about me!

Real name niki (or Nicola when I'm naughty ha) I was 30 in February this year!
I'm a mum of three Caitlin 11, callan 9 and ciaran 7. And I am married to mr grumpy oh no I mean Jay!

I live in Trowbridge Wiltshire and have lived in this area of the woods for many years now. I was born and grew up in south Wales and regularly go back there as thats where my dad still lives!

I work for vodafone corporate as a customer service advisor and have my own media accounts that I look after (such as itv, man u, and mr simon cowel) it's quite good fun however recently found out our building is closing and were all being made redundant! Not for a few months yet and although gutted at the time I'm looking forward to finding some new challenges in another role - and the bit in between when I get to blast the xbox daily ha ha!

I love my xbox which I've been slightly addicted to for around 4 years now! Was never a big gamer previously. I love all cod games have loads of others which I'll play now and then but mainly stick to cod! And a huge zombie hoare! Love it!

I am on line every night and weekends - however usually only between 7-9 as the husband gets moody if I don't spend some time with him!

I'd add a pic but i don't know how... You can always find me on Facebook (niki webb vodafone network)

See you online :)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 9/5/2011, 18:29

Nice one Niki. cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 9/5/2011, 18:30

odmastakilla wrote:Is it me or are you also wondering where Ayohells picture is.....
cmon dood, get ur mug up :)

Yup, come on Ayo...... PIC.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by SirReal Madrid on 9/5/2011, 18:38

Hi I am Santos Neutral
avatar
SirReal Madrid
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 6555
Location : La Nouvelle Orleans
XBL.. : III+N7+III
Registration date : 2009-10-26
Likes : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by SixenSix on 9/5/2011, 18:43

SirReal Madrid wrote:Hi I am Santos Neutral
We know Razz lol!

_______________________________________________



avatar
SixenSix
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 19335
Location : Arendal - Norway
XBL.. : SixenSix
Registration date : 2008-10-15
Likes : 15

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by SixenSix on 9/5/2011, 18:48

Nice one Nikki......look under your gamer pic on the righthand side.....it says "registration date: 2010-09-09"....... lol!

_______________________________________________



avatar
SixenSix
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 19335
Location : Arendal - Norway
XBL.. : SixenSix
Registration date : 2008-10-15
Likes : 15

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Guest on 9/5/2011, 18:59

For images I used Flickr, just upload, click on more ways to share at top left then copy the bb code and paste it into the reply box.

SIMPLEZ!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by ayohell on 9/5/2011, 21:46

champers999 wrote:
odmastakilla wrote:Is it me or are you also wondering where Ayohells picture is.....
cmon dood, get ur mug up :)

Yup, come on Ayo...... PIC.

If you are patient, theres one on the rogues gallery on the left of the pages in here clown
avatar
ayohell
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 4404
Location : Pluto, & it's a planet!
XBL.. : ayohell
Registration date : 2009-07-28
Likes : 13

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by ayohell on 9/5/2011, 21:47

...and nice post Nic, you Zombette you :)
avatar
ayohell
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 4404
Location : Pluto, & it's a planet!
XBL.. : ayohell
Registration date : 2009-07-28
Likes : 13

Back to top Go down

Re: Who are you?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum