Knife collecting

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Knife collecting

Post by Guest on 25/8/2010, 15:27

So I recently took up Knife collecting and picked up a pretty sweet piece. I got an Ontario/Ranger Knife Co. RTB. I got it just because I thought it looked nice and felt solid. Little did I know that only 400 were made to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the U.S. Army Ranger Training Battalion. From what I was told I picked up the last one that Smokey Mountain Knife Works will ever carry here in the US. I had a knife dealer offer me 100$ more than what I paid for it so I feel pretty good about the find. Any one here collect?

Back to top Go down

Re: Knife collecting

Post by Guest on 25/8/2010, 15:32

Nice!

Back to top Go down

Post by masher77 on 25/8/2010, 15:47

Nice one D/Tap my old man collects knives in particular WWII ones he has a sweet US marine machete and a german dagger with the eagles head on the handle.He got offered a couple of hundred quid a few years ago for the German one but he didn't take it as he thought the guy was a Neo nazi ed the ball.
He gos mad at my grandad because he swapped a Japanese officers samouri for a pouch of bacca on the boat home............Mans got to smoke i suppose Razz
masher77
ARC 24
ARC 24

Male Number of posts : 2949
XBL.. : ARC CRAZY HORSE
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on skin on 25/8/2010, 15:59

i collect swords i have ruthle 150 at mo one of wich is a antec samuri
paul on skin
ARC 17
ARC 17

Male Number of posts : 981
XBL.. : paul on skin
PSN.. : paulonskin
Registration date : 2010-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Farnswaller on 25/8/2010, 15:59

Nice knife, the only one I have is a titanium leatherman which I bought a couple of years back, oh and me axe!

Funny story, a group of friends went to Normandy to visit the beaches etc and one of them bought a WW2 replica German Cavalry officers sword. They are sitting in a café next to a group of French Marines, when they get up to leave this bloke stands up tucks the sword under his arm turns around and wacks one of them in the back of the head with the sword, knocking his hat off straight into the blokes lunch covering it in food. The bloke then had to pay for the groups lunch to stop them from pounding his face into the pavement!

To tea bag or not tea bag– that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The noscoping and douche bags of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of asshats
And, by opposing, end them

ARC Awards: Level 5 - 113 achievo's - 957 G's
Lord Farnswaller
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 14311
XBL.. : LordFarnswaller
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/8/2010, 16:06

My dad has an antique US Army cavalry saber from the civil war, it's in immaculate condition, I keep telling him he should get it evaluated but he hasn't bothered yet. Sad He also has a Japanese bayonet from WW2.

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 25/8/2010, 17:29

I have a WWII Marine Corps KBar that was my Dad's, a modern KBar that was mine, as well as a couple of bayonets. I recently got into gun collecting though. Just yesterday I picked up a BushMaster AR15 which is almost identical to the M16 except it's only semiautomatic. That however is more for shooting than collecting. Very Happy The next thing I'm looking for is a M1911.
MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Male Number of posts : 1978
XBL.. : MCE 81
Registration date : 2008-10-21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpfHXJpMzg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/8/2010, 17:52

I heard somewhere that in America, you can buy armor piercing rounds if you have a hunter's license ? Can anyone confirm or deny this for me ? f it IS true, then why ? You don't see many stags roaming around with kevlar vests do you ? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by heavytread on 25/8/2010, 18:02

I've got a Stanley knife.... erm ... I'll get me coat...

Raptr Forum Signature

heavytread
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 9497
XBL.. : heavytread
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/8/2010, 18:35

I go for guns opposed to knives. I have a couple of older models e.g. WWII Japanese rifle, I think it's a 30cal. Also have an old single action Ruger .357 with side loading action ( it's a blast to shoot but nervous to load as you have to keep the gun half cocked!) Collection also includes........

.22 Rifle
.410 sawed off bolt action
12 gauge pump
.22 pistol
9mm pistol
.357 Pistol (not including the Ruger)
.40 pistol

Next in line is a:
.45 pistol
20 gauge semi action
30-30 lever action

Rorshach,

I don't know about armor piercing rounds but there is something sold locally around here that packs one hell of a punch. It's called Tanerite. Look it up on youtube for some explosive action!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/8/2010, 19:07

I have 3 blades afro

CLICKY!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xindianna on 25/8/2010, 19:14

I'd love to collect pistols and rifles but because of all the wack jobs over here, the goverment banned hand guns a few years ago Evil or Very Mad So i'll ave to stick with my Betinsoli (can't remember how to spell it) shotgun. My Bro and I use to do clay pigeon shooting a few years back.

ROFLMAO @ Lazy 1
Xindianna
ARC 24
ARC 24

Male Number of posts : 2763
XBL.. : Xindianna
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/8/2010, 19:20

I'm quite ok without any guns and knives, can't abide them. Personal preference only :)

I wouldn't mind a lightsaber though. Just to do scrambled eggs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Farnswaller on 25/8/2010, 19:21

MCE 81 wrote:I have a WWII Marine Corps KBar that was my Dad's, a modern KBar that was mine, as well as a couple of bayonets. I recently got into gun collecting though. Just yesterday I picked up a BushMaster AR15 which is almost identical to the M16 except it's only semiautomatic. That however is more for shooting than collecting. Very Happy The next thing I'm looking for is a M1911.

sweet would love a 1911

Lord Farnswaller
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/8/2010, 19:24

Xindianna wrote:I'd love to collect pistols and rifles but because of all the wack jobs over here, the goverment banned hand guns a few years ago So i'll ave to stick with my Betinsoli (can't remember how to spell it) shotgun. My Bro and I use to do clay pigeon shooting a few years back.

ROFLMAO @ Lazy

Isn't that the one that does a double recoil within the barrel?

Back to top Go down

Post by Xindianna on 25/8/2010, 22:46

Nah it's just a standard shotgun. It was a "starter" shotgun, I bought a 28 inch barrel and my bro bought a 30 inch barrel. Nice shotgun's to be honest, for shooting inaminate targets like clay pigeon
Xindianna
ARC 24
ARC 24

Male Number of posts : 2763
XBL.. : Xindianna
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/8/2010, 23:59

I just started collecting knives but have more guns than you could imagine. My fav being the Bushmaster ACR I got about a month ago. Favorite pistol has to be my Night Hawk customs T3 1911. My current safe count is 53 and growing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26/8/2010, 00:02

Not a collection but an arsenal! affraid

Do you have the "Judge'?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26/8/2010, 02:27

ARC Rorschach wrote:I heard somewhere that in America, you can buy armor piercing rounds if you have a hunter's license ? Can anyone confirm or deny this for me ? f it IS true, then why ? You don't see many stags roaming around with kevlar vests do you ? lol!

A 5.56 will go through a vest... so will a 7.62x39. So, no hunters license needed to purchase those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26/8/2010, 02:28

BoozeHound wrote:Not a collection but an arsenal! affraid

Do you have the "Judge'?

I have the Taurus public defender. Same concept, .410/45 long colt , but a 2 1/2 inch barrel.

Back to top Go down

Post by SirReal Madrid on 26/8/2010, 03:20

Dont collect but last time I was in Toledo Spain I picked up some daggers. Toledo is the premier knife/sword weaponry spot in the world so I felt itd make the perfect souvenirs.
SirReal Madrid
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 6555
XBL.. : III+N7+III
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SirReal Madrid on 26/8/2010, 03:36

BwA DoubleTap wrote:I just started collecting knives but have more guns than you could imagine. My fav being the Bushmaster ACR I got about a month ago. Favorite pistol has to be my Night Hawk customs T3 1911. My current safe count is 53 and growing.

If i ever have major beef Im heading to your crib mate!
SirReal Madrid
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 6555
XBL.. : III+N7+III
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MCE 81 on 26/8/2010, 17:36

Lord Farnswaller wrote:
MCE 81 wrote:I have a WWII Marine Corps KBar that was my Dad's, a modern KBar that was mine, as well as a couple of bayonets. I recently got into gun collecting though. Just yesterday I picked up a BushMaster AR15 which is almost identical to the M16 except it's only semiautomatic. That however is more for shooting than collecting. Very Happy The next thing I'm looking for is a M1911.

sweet would love a 1911

Here's the AR15 I picked up. Very Happy

MCE 81
ARC staff
ARC staff

Male Number of posts : 1978
XBL.. : MCE 81
Registration date : 2008-10-21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpfHXJpMzg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30/8/2010, 10:28

MCE 81 wrote:
Lord Farnswaller wrote:

sweet would love a 1911

Here's the AR15 I picked up. Very Happy

Nice, Here is one of the Shotgun setups I build for people. You can see Julius, My M82A1 on the floor behind it : )

this is a Custom .308 Build I made that on a good day is grouping sub 1/2 MOA at all ranges out to 800yds.

Here is my BCM 20in upper with my tax stamped, re-parted, select fire colt lower. It shoots 3 round bursts.

This is my Daniel Defense Carbine with a Tax Stamped 1982 COLT lower, also select fire. Semi/Full in 5.56

Just a couple toys I have sitting around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Farnswaller on 31/8/2010, 13:07

double tap is that your .50 cal rifle in that pic?
remind me not to pee you off!

Lord Farnswaller
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore