Hobbies

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hobbies

Post by Guest on 15/12/2008, 19:34

I'm a big fan of making music, but I'm pretty lousy on the guitar (so the music I make is mostly electronic). Big hockey fan too, fav teams being the Calagry Flames and the Edmonton Oilers. I try to watch all the games. My dream job would be a roadie for KMFDM, I can jerry rig just about anything sound related. Razz

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies

Post by SCAT on 13/1/2009, 18:16

my hobbie is quite boring ..... i like to freefall from 30.000 ft and play xbox at the same time........ quite a rush.. haha
SCAT
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 6532
XBL.. : DoD Tickles
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://www.twitch.tv/scatman_1878

Back to top Go down

Post by regi_mental on 24/1/2010, 14:05

then again... maybe not...
regi_mental
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 7880
XBL.. : vesparider
Registration date : 2008-11-02

http://www.six-loves-sheep.baa.baa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24/1/2010, 21:49

I grow rubber plants

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/1/2010, 08:54

i've been into making electronic music for years now, started off using synths and an old atari to synch them but more recently using cubase sx and various vst plugin's. I started to learn the guitar about 2 years ago but didn't get too far. I'll prob pick it up again at some point. I also spent most of my adult life messing around with vinyl, mixing and scratching. Over the past couple of weeks i've been trying to learn 3d modelling and design. Just been learning from tutorials online and am only at the very basics at the mo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/1/2010, 09:00

smooth i did 3d modeling at college on autocad and it was immense it was a few years ago now. my hobbie is to collect antique cans that i shoot. is playing xbox a hobbie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/1/2010, 09:18

dugganace wrote:smooth i did 3d modeling at college on autocad and it was immense it was a few years ago now. my hobbie is to collect antique cans that i shoot. is playing xbox a hobbie?

never used autocad. I dabbled with 3d studio max a few years ago but it was a bit complex. Just recently i've found a free open source program on the net that i've been really getting into. I ultimately want to create realistic looking stuff, and animations....oh and silly stuff that looks cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/1/2010, 10:50

XNA programming, at an early stage and trying to keep the grey cells occupied, I'm a member of the XNA Creators Club as well.

There is also a xbl visual game creator who's name I can't remember, but it's a great way of intoducing game/level design to the younger members of the family

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/1/2010, 11:09

Xbox and watching stock cars- see sig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/1/2010, 11:19

My hobbies include playing Xbox, Bowling (every Wednesday), model railroading, and when I have time wargames such as Warhammer, and Warhammer 40K.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnz0r on 25/1/2010, 13:22

My hobbies are most like every bloke on the planet!

- Football (supporter of Newcastle Utd... enough said ) affraid
Try to get to as many games as I can, but with Uni and a part-time job it's difficult.. but saying that going to see them on Wednesday - so they had better win!

-Formula 1 been a supporter since I was yay high due to me Dad loving Nigel Mansell, probably where my love for Ferrari came from Razz

-Gaming (Obviously) Razz

-Music

-Films

-Pub Games - I love to play pool and darts at any oppurtunity. Been playing darts for about a year now and managed to hit around 30 180's in that time so that's pretty canny!

Anyway, enough from me what about the rest of you?
johnz0r
ARC 17
ARC 17

Male Number of posts : 1082
XBL.. : Johnz0r
PSN.. : Johnz0r
Registration date : 2009-06-26

http://www.clan-arc.om

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/1/2010, 14:38

johnz0r wrote:My hobbies are most like every bloke on the planet!

Try to get to as many games as I can, but with Uni and a part-time job it's difficult.. but saying that going to see them on Wednesday - so they had better win!

-Formula 1 been a supporter since I was yay high due to me Dad loving Nigel Mansell, probably where my love for Ferrari came from Razz

-Gaming (Obviously) Razz

-Music

-Films

-Pub Games - I love to play pool and darts at any oppurtunity. Been playing darts for about a year now and managed to hit around 30 180's in that time so that's pretty canny!

nice 1 m8, have a darts board in sons bedroom never hit a 180 tho can hit 100 and 140's a bit tho but mostly end up messing up last dart
best checkout is 160 - T20 D20 D20 and that was a fluke!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Farnswaller on 26/1/2010, 13:00

hunting asshats

Wahammer, when time permitting

the odd book or two, no the content of the books isn odd ( I am though)

To tea bag or not tea bag– that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The noscoping and douche bags of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of asshats
And, by opposing, end them

ARC Awards: Level 5 - 113 achievo's - 957 G's
Lord Farnswaller
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 14311
XBL.. : LordFarnswaller
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by johnz0r on 26/1/2010, 14:26

ARCandy81 wrote:

-Gaming (Obviously) Razz

-Music

-Films

nice 1 m8, have a darts board in sons bedroom never hit a 180 tho can hit 100 and 140's a bit tho but mostly end up messing up last dart

Ah, nice one glad to see there is another arrow chucker here! Nice going mate on the checkout mine is 151 T20 T17 D20. Been close to a 160 a few times :)

You practice much mate or not? Im probably doing about half an hour a day now and manage to normally hit a few 140's and 100's etc.
johnz0r
ARC 17
ARC 17

Male Number of posts : 1082
XBL.. : Johnz0r
PSN.. : Johnz0r
Registration date : 2009-06-26

http://www.clan-arc.om

Back to top Go down

Post by SirReal Madrid on 26/1/2010, 14:45

smoothnshiny wrote:i've been into making electronic music for years now, started off using synths and an old atari to synch them but more recently using cubase sx and various vst plugin's. I started to learn the guitar about 2 years ago but didn't get too far. I'll prob pick it up again at some point. I also spent most of my adult life messing around with vinyl, mixing and scratching. Over the past couple of weeks i've been trying to learn 3d modelling and design. Just been learning from tutorials online and am only at the very basics at the mo.

Curious to hear your stuff Shiny! I used to mess around with friends Roland 303's, turntables, etc. We used to make deep acid house and all that. One of my friends actually got big and still makes music. Tours all over and has played with the Digweeds, Saundersons, Little louie Vega's of this world. Post some links, info. Im always looking for new stuff.
SirReal Madrid
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 6555
XBL.. : III+N7+III
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26/1/2010, 15:40

SirReal Madrid wrote:
smoothnshiny wrote:i've been into making electronic music for years now, started off using synths and an old atari to synch them but more recently using cubase sx and various vst plugin's. I started to learn the guitar about 2 years ago but didn't get too far. I'll prob pick it up again at some point. I also spent most of my adult life messing around with vinyl, mixing and scratching. Over the past couple of weeks i've been trying to learn 3d modelling and design. Just been learning from tutorials online and am only at the very basics at the mo.

Curious to hear your stuff Shiny! I used to mess around with friends Roland 303's, turntables, etc. We used to make deep acid house and all that. One of my friends actually got big and still makes music. Tours all over and has played with the Digweeds, Saundersons, Little louie Vega's of this world. Post some links, info. Im always looking for new stuff.

ah the 303, such a sweet machine. ill find some links on stuff i like and post them up mate. as for stuff i've done i'm not sure how to get it to you?????

Back to top Go down

Post by SirReal Madrid on 26/1/2010, 15:52

Links would be good. Ive slept on electronic music, and music as a whole in the last several years.
SirReal Madrid
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26/1/2010, 16:21

johnz0r wrote:
ARCandy81 wrote:

-Gaming (Obviously) Razz

-Music

-Films

Ah, nice one glad to see there is another arrow chucker here! Nice going mate on the checkout mine is 151 T20 T17 D20. Been close to a 160 a few times :)

You practice much mate or not? Im probably doing about half an hour a day now and manage to normally hit a few 140's and 100's etc.

i prob do about the same 30 mins a day if im lucky but the 160 was fluke as was just going for the 20's and it ended up in the double then left with 40 and bang!!!
Am struggling tho a bit at moment as got some new arrows and the weight is good but they are too slim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26/1/2010, 19:24

my hobbies tend to revolve around the following 5 bits of kit in the garage :-

unfortunately, due to a previous bike accident, i'm currently recovering from surgery and having to give them a rest for 2010 Sad

that's cool about the stock car racing ArcAndy... we've been a few times to the local banger racing tracks here (smallfield and capel), and go to Wimbledon to watch the stock cars :)

Back to top Go down

Post by SirReal Madrid on 26/1/2010, 19:28

I dont think you have enough bikes Neutral
SirReal Madrid
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27/1/2010, 06:46

SirReal Madrid wrote:I dont think you have enough bikes Neutral

lol, contrarily, one of them will be going this year (ZZR, 4th from the right)... it's impossible to move in the garage and that one doesn't get ridden as much as the others.

Back to top Go down

Post by SixenSix on 27/1/2010, 09:18

Cool bikes mate...I'll have the ZZR....Ship it over mate

SixenSix
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 19335
XBL.. : SixenSix
Registration date : 2008-10-15

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27/1/2010, 09:48

SixenSix wrote:Cool bikes mate...I'll have the ZZR....Ship it over mate

lol, cheers... funny you say that, as I'm hoping in 2011 that I can ride up through Norway to Bodo, and possibly Sorvagen if time permits... I've always wanted to see a day without a night, and figured why not combine it with a bike trip Idea

I've been told that it's my version of a mid life crisis (I turn 40 next year) Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27/1/2010, 11:21

LittleNose wrote:my hobbies tend to revolve around the following 5 bits of kit in the garage :-

unfortunately, due to a previous bike accident, i'm currently recovering from surgery and having to give them a rest for 2010 Sad

that's cool about the stock car racing ArcAndy... we've been a few times to the local banger racing tracks here (smallfield and capel), and go to Wimbledon to watch the stock cars :)

cool bikes mate
i just go to manchester ( belle vue) to watch the stock cars, sometimes owlerton stadium in sheffield but am hoping to get down to coventry at least once this year- 3 hour drive each way

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Farnswaller on 27/1/2010, 13:02

[quote="ARCandy81] i just go to manchester ( belle vue) to watch the stock cars, sometimes owlerton stadium in sheffield but am hoping to get down to coventry at least once this year- 3 hour drive each way [/quote]

my good lady and kids go to smetharpe, mendip and some tracks in cornwall to match bangers, saloon and stock cars. i get a xbox day and the kids love the racing but come back black as me hat!

To tea bag or not tea bag– that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The noscoping and douche bags of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of asshats
And, by opposing, end them

ARC Awards: Level 5 - 113 achievo's - 957 G's
Lord Farnswaller
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 14311
XBL.. : LordFarnswaller
Registration date : 2008-10-16