Forza TTC Announcement

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forza TTC Announcement

Post by w_a_i_n on 23/8/2017, 23:30

Dear all...

After a recent chat with ARC ADMIN, I'm excited to say - Forza Motorsport TTC's will return! I'll split this post into two sections. One for those who are new/haven't heard of these. The second, for everyone who remembers them. So, new people can read section one, the long-termer's can jump to section 2.

One
===

A TTC is a Time Trial Competition, using Forza 7 after launch. It allows ARC Forza drivers' to get extra value from their console/pc/game. An extra reason to boot up, and play, if you will. A car and track is chosen, you spend as much or as little time as you like setting new lap times to improve them. Those times are taken from Forza and posted at ARC, showing regular updates on drivers' laps. Including people near to them on the time-sheet! To take part in the fun - you need Forza 7 - and add me as a friend on XBL. I'll do the rest. It's a tried and tested formula.

In previous Forza TTC's, cars were created/gifted to driver's free. Many were tuned, had a set up, and liveries. Std cars were also used. As you know, Forza 7 has 700+ cars, and 32 locations to race at. The gift cars the TTC's uses, are replica's of real cars. Whether you choose to push yourself, or are happy to be pushed on by someone who is a few tenths ahead of you - be warned - a TTC is very addictive!

Each TTC that an ARC member runs laps in, is done across a level playing field. You of course choose what driving assists you want, such as AUTO GEARS, etc. But, the car and track is the same. Laps are literally separated by 100th's of a second! Every TTC is designed for you to do at your leisure, lasting approx 4 wks each. You can run 1 lap, 10 laps, or 1,000! The more people driving, the closer you'll be to another lap time.

Each TTC has a closing date, occasionally they are "moved" though. So if you become ill, no need to worry. You do these TTC's when you have time. Work around the other games in your library. Plus, because you're not forced to compete online with anyone else in MP - they don't interrupt your other MP online stuff. Any current gaming nights you have are unaffected. This is why they run for approx 4 weeka at a time, so you have the space in real life to run your laps. There are minimal rules involved, so - it's stress free. Plus, if you live on the other side of the world to the UK, it matters not! When you set a new faster lap time, it's simply uploaded via XBL and Forza.

For anyone thinking that they aren't fast enough, PLEASE PLEASE don't worry!!

If people want them, track guides can be written. Help will be on hand to help anyone improve their driving should they want to. Hints/tips, specific car knowledge to help you get the best out of it etc., to help you maximise at each TTC. Most people play Forza using a pad and assists, but help can even be offered for those wishing to turn assists off and get faster that way too. Assists in the main slow you down, but improve the pick up and play nature of Forza for all ages. It's your choice though.

All you need do at present is reply to this post now, and register your interest.

If you don't plan to buy the game day one - that's ok. Just give an approximation on when you'll buy it. Christmas, birthday in Jan, etc. I'll start to keep a log of what people's plans are for my own benefit. Don't forget to send me a friends request. When the game launches, I'll first need to test everything and see in what ways Forza has changed. So, of course, TTC's won't begin on launch day. But will start ASAP. Certainly within 2 weeks of launch. At that point, all the important areas of participation will be created in the forum here. Anyone can join part way through, or enjoy lapping in the second one, if they miss the first.

There's enough standard base-game content in Forza for these to run all the way from Forza 7 to 8! As I said before, they're designed to help you justify Forza 7 ownership!! That's it, thanks for reading!

**The TTC exact details can't be set in stone yet, due to the feature set being unknown in Forza 7. More will follow**

Two
===

With Forza 7 about to land, it's time to get the show back on the road!! 32 locations in the base game! 700+ cars! Let's do it! FORZA FORZA FORZA!

However you came to find out about the news of the Forza TTC's returning, let me say, if you know anyone, and they're happy to come and do what every other ARC'er will (E.G read the rules, follow em, and have fun) then let them know these things are kicking off in Forza 7 soon. The more the merrier! I don't expect numbers to be as huge initially as they were in the old days. My biggest concern is getting this news out to gamer's who drive. I can only send msg's to the peeps in my friends list, should you know people, you can do the same of course.

Easily enough content to take us through to Forza 8! Plus, gift cars, paint jobs, and trying to better our own lap times, and likely have a crafty look out for those close to us as well. Happy to do track guides if people want them etc. I guess with the mixed weather, night, etc., marker points on the track (or off it) will be harder for us all to use.

I expect TTC format, to mirror previously, obv time will tell! I expect it'll be 4 weeks to run laps, and a week between each one to allow me to sort cars/any paint/any tunes etc. As before, it won't be a gift car every TTC, because of the cracking race cars coming our way in 7. I won't know full details until October arrives.

Buy the digital Forza 7, and you can run the install on PC and your Xbox too!! Sorry, I sound like Dan Greenawalt, slap me now.

I really think my gaming mojo suffered when the TTC's stopped. Time to put that right, and regain a need to boot and game regularly, and have some fun. As you know, I love getting max-value from games/hardware, and the TTC's were awesome for that.

I'll be keeping a list of peeps who will be running in the TTC's in this thread, to help my mentally battered brain, but the fun will be starting soon. Once the game lands, I'll look at what I can do in Forza. By driving in some stuff at the start, it'll also help me raise initial credits required to be ready for the gift car rounds. Hoping I can sell paint designs to raise in-game credits too. Either way, I'll have it covered.

Just need to reach out to as many peeps as possible. as you know, the more peeps driving, the closer the gaps between each lap time. But tbh, even if we only start with 7 or 8 of us, it'll all be worthwhile - we're all excited for this, knowing and loving the TTC's of old.

It's been great to be speaking to old friends again after such a long time, and to see that they are as excited about Forza 7 and the TTC's returning as I am.

I'll keep ARC updated on progress after the game launches and work starts.

Register your interest to take part by replying here, for everyone else to see!

We are coming back!

Thanks

Wain

DRIVER'S LIST W.I.P (12 CONF)
JM-Looking doubtful/but now pre-ordered
Andy-Yes
SCOOB1ES-Yes
roversnut25-Yes
sillyboyfish-Yes
DB-Yes, but wait until after launch(unless he cracks lol)
Shock-Yes
Lazy-Yes
DG45-Yes
ARC Fireangel-Yes
SCAT-deffo possible maybe
Destri-No
Chris-TBA
CaptainJimmy-TBA
SamSevenFive-Yup
Me-Obviously

Last edited by w_a_i_n on 30/9/2017, 22:21; edited 9 times in total
w_a_i_n
ARC 3
ARC 3

Male Number of posts : 40
XBL.. : Wains
PSN.. : w_a_i_n
Registration date : 2017-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Forza TTC Announcement

Post by Shocklink on 24/8/2017, 16:05

Hey buddy heard a vicious rumour there was a dotted line to be signed on .......

I'm in   bounce

Loved those TTC's Wain, looking forward to the next ones!

Shocklink
ARC 0
ARC 0

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Keltic on 24/8/2017, 16:10

Hey Wain, fyi Forza 5 is Sept game with Xbox , might be a good way to get some folk interested that don't have the newer games.
Keltic
ARC 4
ARC 4

Male Number of posts : 59
XBL.. : Keltic
PSN.. : oKELTICo
Registration date : 2017-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n on 24/8/2017, 18:45

Shocklink wrote:Hey buddy heard a vicious rumour there was a dotted line to be signed on .......

I'm in   bounce

Loved those TTC's Wain, looking forward to the next ones!

Shock!! You handsome devil u!!

It appears we all loved em mate, and I'll do everything in my power to get them started asap after release. This is awesome news, I'm really looking to my gaming mojo returning, and I can't think of a better way, than to have the old clan names in front of me again. Been too long.

Thank u so much Sir

bounce

Last edited by w_a_i_n on 24/8/2017, 19:36; edited 1 time in total
w_a_i_n
ARC 3
ARC 3

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n on 24/8/2017, 18:51

Keltic wrote:Hey Wain, fyi Forza 5 is Sept game with Xbox , might be a good way to get some folk interested that don't have the newer games.

I had a go on 6 (never ever played that version) 2 wks ago at a mates, briefly it was. Made me excited. My PC is out of action, so never tried Forza 6 Apex either, but user vids look nice.

Hopefully, as you say, F5 being out there again could help. I think until I'm up and running, it'll be harder for new ppl to relate to why they should take part. In the main, we all seem to agree that, the TTC's were addictive - once you'd jumped on board and started lapping.

Hope you're right Keltic, but I'm committed to this regardless, I know numbers could be low at the start.

I also plan to do a prize for the very first bunch of peeps who take part in TTC 1 !!

Cheers for the heads up Wink
w_a_i_n
ARC 3
ARC 3

Back to top Go down

Post by DAVIDB67 on 24/8/2017, 23:54

You're starting to win me over lol
DAVIDB67
ARC 9
ARC 9

Male Number of posts : 231
XBL.. : DAVIDB67
PSN.. : xDrStrangeGlove
Registration date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n on 25/8/2017, 00:03

DAVIDB67 wrote:You're starting to win me over lol

Well mate, we both know you'll enjoy 7, it's just a matter of when mate. It'll be awesome to have you lapping regardless of when that is, so no worries...

:)
w_a_i_n
ARC 3
ARC 3

Back to top Go down

Post by SCAT on 25/8/2017, 03:05

Put me down as a possible yes
See if i can get my forza spirit back
Its been so long
SCAT
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 6532
XBL.. : DoD Tickles
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://www.twitch.tv/scatman_1878

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n on 25/8/2017, 03:11

SCAT wrote:Put me down as a possible yes
See if i can get my forza spirit back
Its been so long

Awesome news mate, a possible is good enough for me. Plus, I'm deffo going to run a competition for some lucky person to win their Xbox One Forza 7 game for essentially HALF PRICE...!

'Voice from the sky', it could be youuuuuu...

More news on that to follow.

Thanks mate!!
w_a_i_n
ARC 3
ARC 3

Back to top Go down

Post by AK5 81 on 26/8/2017, 14:29

Oof , what a time for the ttc's to return , all the other good games out and with the release of GT sport imminant :) rofl

I may just get time for these Shocked
AK5 81
ARC 7
ARC 7

Male Number of posts : 151
XBL.. : The Hulk 981
Registration date : 2014-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n on 29/8/2017, 23:20

Gaming heaven mate...

For driver's, this is a nice year, GTS, F7 and PCars 2!

Not to mention stuff I won't buy, like WRC7, F1 2017, etc., etc...
w_a_i_n
ARC 3
ARC 3

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSevenFive on 3/9/2017, 21:22

Great idea - count me in
SamSevenFive
ARC 18
ARC 18

Male Number of posts : 1221
XBL.. : Sam Seven Five
PSN.. : SamSevenFive
Registration date : 2010-11-21

http://www.youtube.com/user/SamSevenFive

Back to top Go down

Post by sillyboyfish on 5/9/2017, 17:22

pre order placed looking forward to this

sillyboyfish
ARC 4
ARC 4

Male Number of posts : 61
XBL.. : Sillyboyfish
PSN.. : Sillyboyfish
Registration date : 2017-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n on 22/9/2017, 15:38

The countdown is going great :)
w_a_i_n
ARC 3
ARC 3

Back to top Go down

Post by SCOOB1ES on 22/9/2017, 15:39

I'm there!
You know this but for the sake of playing along... Hello :)

SCOOB1ES
ARC 0
ARC 0

Female Number of posts : 4
XBL.. : scoob1es
Registration date : 2017-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n on 22/9/2017, 15:42

PMSL, podders!!

w_a_i_n
ARC 3
ARC 3

Back to top Go down

Post by SCOOB1ES on 22/9/2017, 15:45

Has it started yet bounce

SCOOB1ES
ARC 0
ARC 0

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n on 22/9/2017, 15:47

ROFL, dare I say it won't be long...

?
w_a_i_n
ARC 3
ARC 3

Back to top Go down

Post by SCOOB1ES on 22/9/2017, 15:47

lmao at your location... who knew!

Hello all! Look forward to chasing you all in the new TTC's. If they're anything like before then it will be ace.  1

SCOOB1ES
ARC 0
ARC 0

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n on 22/9/2017, 15:51

I think there are a few of us that need extra reasons to get to boot up and game a bit more (than not at all in my case doh). It's good to see so many familiar peeps.

#excitedtolap
w_a_i_n
ARC 3
ARC 3

Back to top Go down

Post by SCOOB1ES on 22/9/2017, 17:51

The old days were good times mate. Had some of the best races at arc and same with GOW too.

SCOOB1ES
ARC 0
ARC 0

Back to top Go down

Post by AK5 81 on 29/9/2017, 15:13

Its day one, who has it and impressions?
AK5 81
ARC 7
ARC 7

Male Number of posts : 151
XBL.. : The Hulk 981
Registration date : 2014-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n on 30/9/2017, 22:19

By the time this post is live, my own issues with F7 will have been highlighted. Not a happy time in my household. I expected F7 to be quite special, though didn't expect perfection for sure. But it missed the mark on PC by quite some margin. Maybe I was expecting too much. Especially after running the incredible Project Cars 2.

I can't quite believe what Turn 10 have done. I'd feel better knowing that none of you guys agree with my views, and that you could happily play the title on your chosen platforms and be 100% happy with the experience it gives.
w_a_i_n
ARC 3
ARC 3

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSevenFive on 1/10/2017, 13:10

w_a_i_n wrote:By the time this post is live, my own issues with F7 will have been highlighted. Not a happy time in my household. I expected F7 to be quite special, though didn't expect perfection for sure. But it missed the mark on PC by quite some margin. Maybe I was expecting too much. Especially after running the incredible Project Cars 2.

I can't quite believe what Turn 10 have done. I'd feel better knowing that none of you guys agree with my views, and that you could happily play the title on your chosen platforms and be 100% happy with the experience it gives.

What are the issues you are having?

I have it on PC too.  At first I was experiencing quite some frame stuttering, random crashes as well as textures disappearing - at one point the track vanished.  I've also crashed to desktop on lap 22 of a 23 lap endurance race!

However,  since disabling the windows game bar and dvr I've had zero crashes or in fact any problems at all.  Even the fame stuttering has gone.

My specs are Ryzen 1800x, GTX1080ti, 32gb ram and windows 10 home.

I'm loving the game and am addicted to it at the moment.  I hope your experience improves and you get to enjoy it too mate
SamSevenFive
ARC 18
ARC 18

Male Number of posts : 1221
XBL.. : Sam Seven Five
PSN.. : SamSevenFive
Registration date : 2010-11-21

http://www.youtube.com/user/SamSevenFive

Back to top Go down

Post by w_a_i_n on 2/10/2017, 03:36

Mine wasn't enabled. I couldn't do anything to get me happy with it. All of my titles run fast at 1440p. Forza 7 needed to do the same. The TTC's require lots of work, which I don't mind, but I can't risk time in the game/losing projects due to instability. The last time I ran them, I did it all from the Xbox. After many hours tinkering with F7, I decided enough was enough. I'm being refunded, after uninstalling it. I appreciate Project Cars 2 has newness issues, has more depth to the handling physics, and needs time to "adjust" to, but it's a 900% better tool to hot-lap with. Which is what a TTC is about. I'd be happy knowing nobody else feels the same about Forza 7 on console, as I did about it on PC. What I saw wasn't anything that I know I'd be happy with, even after a patch. Too many issues, they let the quality slip. Most PC F7 press stuff mentions either Titan GTX or 1080Ti cards. I use Assetto Corsa at several hundred frames per second, and PC2 up to 200 when driving, and 170 in replays, all at native 1440p. I'd accept much less for F7, but it has to be smooth. Such a shame. I'm chuffed it's ticked all the right boxes for you. After basically skipping 5 & 6, I was excited.
w_a_i_n
ARC 3
ARC 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down