Home cinema projector help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Home cinema projector help

Post by Guest on 10/7/2011, 15:26

here is the plan, buy 720 dlp projector and mount ceiling hooks for a pull down projector screen hook up dvd player wii xbox etc.

any one done something similar any tips pitfalls etc would be appreciated.

the way i want to sit tho iv a ceiling light in the way so not sure to ceiling mount or have free standing. i dont want tp cast any shadows on the screen when playing wii etc.

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Re: Home cinema projector help

Post by Guest on 10/7/2011, 23:40

I had a free standing one and placed it under the sofa and had a white roller blind (black out) so just pulled that down over the window also getting good darkness in the room. the only drawback was the price of replacement bulb (475 notes!!!) suppose if you get one of the new LED type it will negate that cost. But I tell you, playing gears on a screen that size will blow you away. I ended up chucking mine in the bis cos wasn't willing to pay that much for a bulb!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11/7/2011, 00:03

Serious question........ I'm also considering this but want to know if it works just as well if you paint the opposite wall to the projector white. I have a load of mat white emulsion in the garage left over from a previous job and the screens cost money so you do the math Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11/7/2011, 22:14

If you get a good projector with a high luminous it should work fine providing the walls are smooth but a black out blind worked fine for me and it only cost 8 quid Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11/7/2011, 22:37

Didn't realise they were so cheap tbh, I may as well just shell out for a proper one then Very Happy

Thanks for the info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum