Scuba diving in the UK - 'Britain's Secret Seas'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scuba diving in the UK - 'Britain's Secret Seas'

Post by Guest on 4/5/2011, 22:33

As some of you know I've been diving on and off in the UK for years although I don't tend to get out as much as I should. Divers in the UK often get asked what can you see and why would you bother to do it in the UK. Well the BBC are going to showing a series 'Britain's Secret Seas' starting on Sunday 8th May at 8pm on BBC2 - "featuring glorious underwater photography, this HD series reveals our native waters as being every bit as dramatic, colourful, and surprising as the oceans of the world". And a friend of mine and my old instructor, Sarah Conner is actually part of the diving team involved. If you've ever been interested then watch the show and look up you local BSAC club.

Back to top Go down

Re: Scuba diving in the UK - 'Britain's Secret Seas'

Post by mutantblues on 4/5/2011, 23:15

Sounds good, will have to keep an eye out for it.

mutantblues
ARC staff
ARC staff

Male Number of posts : 5775
XBL.. : Mutant Blues
Registration date : 2008-10-21

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/geekantiquesshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/5/2011, 08:45

I heard the show was gonna be a Swimming Success!

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyman on 5/5/2011, 10:32

always wanted to do my course ..almost did it when i was travelling around egypt for a month.

dont think i would want to dive in these seas though , to damn cold .
Psyman
ARC 24
ARC 24

Male Number of posts : 2984
XBL.. : Psyman222
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/5/2011, 11:09

Yeah certainly different in Egypt, but some amazing diving here to be done that you can't get anywhere else - e.g. scapa flow where you can explore the 7 scuttled war ships from the german fleet. Also, I believe there are many good dives near Bristol, not done them myself but heared good things. When you're instructing mask clears in Scotland's sea lochs in November & December it is isn't so nice! A good dry suit makes a huge difference, but you generally need more kit diving in the UK, and require more advanced skills and confidence. But when you then dive abroad it is amazingly relaxing,... so much easier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/5/2011, 14:11

Ill keep an eye out for this and make sure its sky plussed! im heavily into diving. Myself and my fiancee are both instructors & did the majority of our qualifciations in the UK.

We are lucky in bournemouth to have access to some wrecks of tanks and frigates and the like just off the coast, diving is pretty big round here. To be honest im really not one for dry suits, although i will partake if theyre is something worth seeing, i much prefer diving in hot countries lol

Im also into my u/w photogrpahy and laura is into u/w videography so we will deffinately keep an eye out for the program :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger on 5/5/2011, 16:26

I love scuba diving, I'm a member of BSAC and I'm an ocean diver, I've never dived abroad but I would love to, I've been to a few quarries in the UK and some dive sites, but I'd imagine diving in the UK is a little harder than abroad from what I've heard! lol Very Happy
Tiger
ARC 15
ARC 15

Male Number of posts : 793
XBL.. : redwildtiger
PSN.. : Tiger_Spikey
Registration date : 2010-06-09

http://www.nffc.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content