iMac ?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: iMac ?

Post by johnz0r on 24/2/2011, 10:44

Wow. super super jealous of that beast of a machine. Enjoy it! Core i7 mac.. don't get any better than that. The only way it could be improved was if a SSD was added, imagine how quick it would be to log into OS X, talking about 15-20 seconds from switching the thing on!

Now all you need is a capture card so you can do our TTC guides in full HD, now that you have a mac that can render in pretty much real time!
johnz0r
ARC 17
ARC 17

Male Number of posts : 1082
XBL.. : Johnz0r
PSN.. : Johnz0r
Registration date : 2009-06-26

http://www.clan-arc.om

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24/2/2011, 14:01

I was lookin at benchmarks over last few days, and in certain instances it hardly did anything. As u say tho, the os wud b mega, gonna run few tests on mine b4 she sells Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/2/2011, 13:31

She's landed at home!

cheers

Shame I aint there!

Back to top Go down

Post by JustMeD on 25/2/2011, 14:07

Congrats on the new purchase Wain .. cheers
JustMeD
ARC 23
ARC 23

Male Number of posts : 2535
XBL.. : JustMeD
Registration date : 2009-03-05

http://www.dfined.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by johnz0r on 25/2/2011, 14:09

w_a_i_n wrote:She's landed at home!

cheers

Shame I aint there!

You have to give us (I mean me really) a video review of that beasty! Can it be used in conjuction with a PS3 or Xbox 360 for inputs or not? And if so, what is the image like because it will have to be cropped due to the massive screen estate of the iMac!
johnz0r
ARC 17
ARC 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/2/2011, 20:10

Health to enjoy Wain, you won't be disappointed. Looking to retire my Macbook Pro and will prob get a 27" imac.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/2/2011, 20:11

bounce

Fank u fella's, she's sleeping in the hall at present - in her box...

John, was gonna do an unbox vid, but I can also extend it to some speed tests as well...

I'd "guess" that it would dither 1920 (PS3 etc) to 2560? Obviously the same for the Y-Axis tooski...

I can check tho, fekk, just read this...

http://www.apple.com/imac/specs.html
Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately); 27-inch models also support input from external DisplayPort sources (adapters sold separately)

LOL, you pay all that money - you'd think they'd throw a fekker in...

Let's face it, this retails for £1684, but must cost Apple like £375 tops to manufacture, including packing etc etc...

U guys reckon I'd be better keeping my 20" with the Retail Win 7 Dual-Boot included, to help it appeal to others that would use both sides??

JustMeD wrote:Congrats on the new purchase Wain .. cheers

johnz0r wrote:
w_a_i_n wrote:She's landed at home!

cheers

Shame I aint there!

You have to give us (I mean me really) a video review of that beasty! Can it be used in conjuction with a PS3 or Xbox 360 for inputs or not? And if so, what is the image like because it will have to be cropped due to the massive screen estate of the iMac!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/2/2011, 20:20

Thanks mate, I have to 'juggle' the desk real estate around, because between my B&W's, the desktop, and the Blu-Ray/Acer 24" I know already she won't fit, and that's cater-cornered! LOL!

Very Happy

I just fekkin know the new iMac will support Blu-Ray out of the box, but tbh, I'd rather upgrade my Sony player, as it's wired to my Cirus amp and B&W's... shame my fekkin ears don't allow any volume at all... why couldn't my twatting acoustic shock have happened before I spent over £3k on a small CD setup with Cans and a dedicated Amp...

Grrrrr

Not had my Grado's on since Sept 09... dunno if I can bare to part with them...

Sad

Bannsider wrote:Health to enjoy Wain, you won't be disappointed. Looking to retire my Macbook Pro and will prob get a 27" imac.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/2/2011, 20:24

w_a_i_n wrote:Thanks mate, I know I'm gonna have to 'juggle' the desk real estate around before the unbox. Between my B&W's, the desktop, and the Blu-Ray/Acer 24" I know already she won't fit, and that's cater-cornered! LOL! I just need to get some software sorted, there's no way I'm spending this much and doing video's in Windows, and can also convert other projects to Mac too... also wanted to mess with PS for ages and will enjoy buying a book to get the best out of it... I wanna try my own sig too, though have no idea where to startski, but will enjoy the research...

Very Happy

I just fekkin know the new iMac will support Blu-Ray out of the box, but tbh, I'd rather upgrade my Sony player, as it's wired to my Cirus amp and B&W's... shame my fekkin ears don't allow any volume at all... why couldn't my twatting acoustic shock have happened before I spent over £3k on a small CD setup with Cans and a dedicated Amp...

Grrrrr

Not had my Grado's on since Sept 09... dunno if I can bare to part with them...

Sad

Bannsider wrote:Health to enjoy Wain, you won't be disappointed. Looking to retire my Macbook Pro and will prob get a 27" imac.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25/2/2011, 21:55

Dont get an iMac until they have Thunderbolt!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26/2/2011, 01:42

LMAO, Andy it's sat in the hall you freak!

Razz

http://www.clan-arc.com/t11620p15-imac#183972

Wink

The box is HUGE! Someone could live in the damn thing...!

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27/2/2011, 00:08

Wow, I've booted the iMac 27"

1. It's huge!
2. It's heavy!
3. That screen is awesome...

cheers

I'm comparing boot up time firstski... more to follow...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27/2/2011, 00:33

w_a_i_n wrote:Wow, I've booted the iMac 27"

1. It's huge!
2. It's heavy!

cheers

You really are a :F ..but thats ok 1 lol! Enjoy your new toy

Back to top Go down

Post by johnz0r on 27/2/2011, 10:12

w_a_i_n wrote:Wow, I've booted the iMac 27"

1. It's huge!
2. It's heavy!

cheers

A true geek! Of course your new iMac will boot faster because it will be a factory reset install with no added crap on there, as opposed to your other machine in which you have been using since ownership!

Get a 8GB kit of crucial for £70 though, it's easily worth it!
johnz0r
ARC 17
ARC 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content